Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Friday, December 07, 2012

First Day

My first day of relactation did not go smoothly as I expected. I had difficulties coping with the schedule I made due to my working nature which requires me to be ready on the phone all the time. I should be pumping 9 times/day (6am, 9am, 11am, 12pm, 3pm, 5pm, 8pm, 11pm, 2am) as this is the optimal pumping frequency needed. but I skipped 3pm because I had lots of work to do (2 of my teammates were on leave, we were short of hand). Later when i go home, I got frustrated because by 7pm, my baby daughter, Ariana was whining, and my husband did not offer a hand. I had reminded him i have to do the pumping at 8 and 11pm. By the time he came to help, it was past 8pm and I was already exhausted. So I ended up sleeping through the night. :( I think the problem now is, i can't self-disciplined myself, and I am not getting enough help and support from my spouse. This relactation thing is so difficult. Anyway, by the end of the day, I could only got 0.5oz from several session of pumping.

Now I am starting to hate myself.

My checklist to do this weekend:
-Drop by baby one stop centre to get Supplementer Nursing System (SNS)


-Survey double pump. Currently using single electric pump, Medela Swing. I need double pump because 1) It will stimulate the breasts as if you are nursing twin. More demand, so more supply 2) My work nature won't allow me to be away form my desk for 40 minutes (at least)
-Kangaroo care session with Ariana
-Give a call to local lactation consultant.

I hope i'm having a good weekend doing my best for my baby.

0 comments:

Ad