Feeds RSS
Feeds RSS

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

And my 2015 most favorite movie goes to.....BA DUM TSS....

The Martian!!!!!!!

Unlike another space travel movie that I watched end of last year..this movie wins my heart big time...based on Andy Weir's novel which I haven't read yet but surely gonna do soon, the movie is about an astronaut cum botanist who was left stranded on Mars after his crews left him, thinking he was dead after being hit by debris during their escape from a terrible storm on Mars..so left alone in a non habitable planet..he had to figure out how to keep living with limited supplies..intriguing? Yes? No?

Anyway...here are the reasons why I love this movie...well..

1- The lead character, Mark Watney has a fun and likeable character..he is totally gonna crack you up with his witty dialogue..my most memorable one..."in your face Neil Armstrong"..lol

2- I love the story line..it's all about human instinct..human instinct to survive...human instinct to help out... human instinct to keep our sanity in the most difficult and loneliest time

3- The pace of the movie is not too slow..not too fast..the pace is just nice for me to digest the story

4- Understandable scientific jargon

5- now i know duct tapes solved almost every problem

6- tells me how important it is to know how to plant for food..and know how to get clean water..which I know nothing..gotta start to learn planting now

7- It is all about applied science and not trying to prove some metaphysics equation...so it doesn't leave me asking myself "what the hell did I just watched?"

8- watching Watney cried when he was going home...reminded me of the feeling I had when I came back to Malaysia for good..the mixed feeling of joy..glad..sad..full of worries...I totally can relate to that...

9- The red planet...it's so scenic...so beautiful that if it's habitable..I don't mind spending all my savings to go there(actually it is shot in Wadi Rum in Jordan..so..yeah..go to Jordan first)

10- It's Matt Damon y'all





This one is surely gonna worth your money...hey even NASA has broadcasted it on its space station...they seem like heavily rooting for this movie...

So if you love sci-fi movie...GO..just go now and watch The Martian!




0 comments:

Ad